We are an organization dedicated to the protection of the public by ensuring the proficiency, competency and ethical behavior of its members in the practice of veterinary medicine.
Our association promotes veterinarians and veterinary medicine. We support the physical, personal, financial and professional well-being of our members through continuing education and professional interaction.
We regulate our profession through the licensing of veterinarians, approval of practices and disciplining of members as required.
We believe in:
- The personal responsibility of veterinarians to develop and maintain competency in their chosen area of veterinary medicine
- Fostering our profession by involvement in education of future and present veterinarians
- Quality veterinary practice, humane animal care and compassionate treatment of the client
- Providing for public protection and confidence through the fair and unbiased administration of The Veterinarians Act
- Enhancing the public's awareness of veterinary medicine and its contribution to society
- The unbiased treatment of members. Members treating each other professionally
- Supporting members by providing guidance and information
- Supporting a dedication toward improvement in health and welfare of animals